chef lex

7 August 2009, 01:58

chef lex. he of steak fame has started a blog! and as foodbloggers love any excuse to get together and eat craploads he threw a party for the launch of his new blog: vue de cuisinier at his freaking awesome house. see the water? yeah that’s all i saw too when i stepped thru the front door. joining us in the eats were: richard, shez, simon and steph

and these recipe books sitting stacked in a precarious tower arent there just to look pretty. oh yes these babies do get used! i was in recipe book envy.

food delicious food starts appearing on the table but wait just one more photo!

lex’s awesome blue swimmer crab miso soup

shez’s cauliflower and broccoli soup with super tasty garlic bagel crumbs and garlic infused olive oil

lemons! oh wait i mean oysters! haha

sausages and squeaky haloumi

lex’s maple smoked pork belly. (sorry for the blurblur shot i have no idea why so blur) sweet, super juicy meat and zomg the crackle! simon was lucky enough to find himself sitting right in front of this platter hehe

richard’s honey & soy chicken maryland. mmm look at the shiny glossy skin!

simon’s japanese bento box. porky tonkatsu, king prawn ebi furai (deep fried prawn cutlets), salmon sashimi and tamagoyaki (egg roll). and with individual sauce bottles!

mmm deep fried

of course lex and richard just had to have an eating comp with the oysters haha and i was feeling a little under the weather that day and ive realised i forgot to take photos of the mashed potato. oh man it was so tasty. oh and the sourdough. and the salad. oops.

but what’s this? dessert time? fo sure!

remember my dulce de leche brownies? yup i made them for the party because we were supposed to bring a signature dish but i dont really have one lol but i knew had to bring something chocolatey. and sweet.

steph’s dulce de leche cookies. ohhh man could not stop eating these! i have had an aversion of biscuits due to well, my job but these were so tasty! sweet sweet dulce de leche filling with salty flakes of uh salt on top

steph also made her signature raspberry cupcakes hehe or should i say raspberri?

shez’s cake was a chocolate & orange blossom water layered cake with pistachio cream, butterscotch pear insert and bitter chocolate ganache. yeah i renamed it shezs sexy cake. it was so sexy.

and sneaking in a pic of me with lex’s kiwi fruit on sticks. food on sticks always taste better. that and the kiwis were soaked in a sugar syrup. mmm sweetness. much thanks to lex for the partay and for the hours of guitar hero fun heh heh let’s do it again!

1. Sitting in front of Lex’s pork smelled great but there wasn’t as much reach to the other dishes.

Your photo makes Shez’ cake look tiny.

Much love for your brownies but you already know that :)

Much fun indeed! Can’t wait for the next excuse :)

Simon    Aug 7, 08:44 AM    #

2. Hehe salty flakes of salt :D How cute were the kiwi lollies?! I’ve been craving your brownies all week! I’m going to have to try making them now. Twas fun hanging out with you as always!

Steph    Aug 7, 09:15 AM    #

3. Ahh! I forgot all about the kiwi sticks! (And, surprisingly, I didn’t have any pictures of them. Or maybe unsurprisingly considering I just sat & ate as many of them as I could get my hands on and forgot I even owned a camera).

I’m getting uber hungry now… groan

shez    Aug 7, 09:50 AM    #

4. Yum, what a range of food! I especially love the Japanese bento box, they are so cute, yet so practical too.

Katie    Aug 7, 01:04 PM    #

5. wow suze! this is oneeeee parrr-tayyy!

Leona    Aug 7, 01:17 PM    #

6. oh damn those desserts oh yess so good. Those cookies! I crave sugar!

I also think this is my first comment on your blog because I refused to put my email in haha

lex    Aug 7, 01:21 PM    #

7. Jane Lawson’s Snowflakes and Schnapps… spotted the cook book that I oh so wanted to buy!!

Ellie    Aug 7, 04:58 PM    #

8. That was soo awesome ^^! Thx again to Lex! Mmmm everything was sooo tastyy XD and your shot is blurry cos it’s focused on the bone at the front hee hee

FFichiban    Aug 7, 05:17 PM    #

9. hmmm I do love oysters…

— shirloshirl    Aug 7, 09:25 PM    #

10. garlic bagel crumbs? that sounds awesome! is that what it sounds like – a garlic bagel but made into crumbs? LOL

K    Aug 8, 12:13 AM    #

11. oh my gwaaad, so many good stuff on the table! Smoked pork belly – faint –

Yas    Aug 8, 02:35 AM    #

12. oh so tasty! and i spy two extra cake halves that aren’t named?

were you using your 50mm? purdy! and i wanna know the results of the oyster eat-off!

Helen (grabyourfork)    Aug 8, 01:21 PM    #

13. I love your photos! All the food looks amazing too.

Y    Aug 8, 01:30 PM    #

14. simon: lol but why would you want other food when you have a platter of fabulous pork in front of ya!
    steph: haha i tend to have mind blanks whenever i blog late at night =D
    shez: hehe how many did you eat? i ate 2 before my tongue went all furry feeling lol
    katie: i love bento boxes! theres just something about portions of food not touching each other that makes me happy…
    leona: i reckon! lets hope lex has another party and invites more people heh heh
    lex: lol you lazy bugger! thanks for inviting us dude!
    ellie: heh do it! doooo it!
    ffichiban: hah cos i hate the 50mm! hatttteeeee
    shirloshirl: lol should buy you a dozen for your bday
    k: heh yeah they were garlic bagels in a previous life before breaking into pieces for the delish soup
    yas: hehe the pork belly was awesome!
    helen: you have sharp sharp eyes! i didnt try the cakes that richard brought but i think they were cheesecake and lol im still hating the 50mm!
    y: aw thanks dude! i suck with my camera tho haha im such a noob

— chocolatesuze    Aug 10, 06:15 PM    #