Easy Banana Cake

9 July 2010, 11:09

I love banana bread. Especially the edges which get nice and toasty when you stick a slice under the grill with some butter oh baby. But I love banana cake too with soft as a pillow banana innards. So usually I make a banana cake recipe and bake it in a loaf haha so much win! Also made a mini bundt cos I have a thing for bundt cakes lol I used this recipe which is awesomely easy and best of all you only use 1 bowl to mix everything in (plus a plate to mash the banana)

Here’s your ingredients: 3 super ripe bananas, 125g butter, ¾ cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1½ cups self raising flour, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, ¾ cup sour cream and 1 tablespoon milk

Preheat oven to 170C. Whack in your ¾ cup brown sugar and 125g softened butter into a mixer and cream until light and fluffy

While your sugar and butter are mixing, smoosh your bananas and smoosh em good

When sugar and butter are fluffy-fied add in the eggs one at a time scraping sides of the bowl after each egg. Yes I use a Sunbeam. (You are my Sunbeam, my only Sunbeam). Add your smooshed banana and beat till combined.

Add in the 1½ cups sifted self raising flour and 1tsp bicarb with the ¾ cup sour cream and 1 Tbsp milk. Beat until smooth.

Pour mixture into greased pan. Bake at 170C for 1 hour. If you’re making the mini bundt take it out at 30mins, recipe can be used to make 24 muffins- bake for 20mins or until golden.

Mmm hello bundty! So usually I would make cream cheese frosting if I made a banana cake but since I made a loaf I wasn’t keen on making frosting just for the tiny bundt so I uh poured condensed milk haha mmm sweetness

Best part of bundts is that there’s a well of icing in the middle just waiting to ooze out oh baby! Sorry no pic of the loaf i kinda started eating it before remembering to take a photo haha fail

1. obligatory innuendo regarding condensed milk in cake-depression

customary appreciative comment of post’s delicious-looking-ness

potentially-erroneous claim of “first comment”

The Ninja    Jul 9, 11:30 AM    #

2. Fluffified? I like! And I was wondering about that well in the middle of your bundt cake. Now that’s what I call a condensed milk party!

Helen (grabyourfork)    Jul 9, 11:32 AM    #

3. I like my banana bread/cake with chocolate… then when you reheat it the chocolate melt.. ooOoohhhh… ;P

Iron Chef Shellie    Jul 9, 11:32 AM    #

4. Love the photos! I love the bundt cake – so cute. And always a yes for banana cake from me.!

Anh    Jul 9, 11:46 AM    #

5. Duuuuuuude – stop churning out all this simple awesome recipes ;D Have you tried mixing the banana with anything else? Chocolate? Apricot?

Condensed milk makes the world a better place.

Maggie (fangirlish)    Jul 9, 11:57 AM    #

6. Love how easy this recipe is. Just hopped onto the site and am tempted to make the Easy banana cake too!

mashi    Jul 9, 12:58 PM    #

7. I’ll have to post the recipe I used last weekend!

Fiona    Jul 9, 02:17 PM    #

8. Oh, look at your little bundt tin, so adorable

Laura (Starloz)    Jul 9, 03:13 PM    #

9. It’s a Sunbeam! And it’s banana cake with condensed milk!! Haha =p

mademoiselle délicieuse    Jul 9, 03:57 PM    #

10. Oh! I always (ok, not always but whenever I have made it) use a banana cake recipe and bake it in a loaf tin! Love how moist it is :) Hehe the bundt cake with condensed milk is very sexy!

Betty @ The Hungry Girl    Jul 9, 04:59 PM    #

11. Banana cake drizzled with condensed milk – how can anywone resist this wondeful combination? Love the gorgeous photo of the baby bundty! :P

Emily    Jul 9, 08:53 PM    #

12. Love the baby bundt banana cake! I also agree about the crunchy munchy edges of banana bread, absolutely the best part. And… if it has banana in it that counts as one piece of fruit for the day yes?

Katie    Jul 9, 09:20 PM    #

13. Nom nom nom, this looks tasty and good. And since it has fruit it must be healthy.

Mark @ Cafe Campana    Jul 10, 11:07 AM    #

14. Yum, love condensed milk, used to eat it on it’s own…

Thang @ noodlies    Jul 10, 03:09 PM    #

15. lovely! i love banana bread too. they are so good after being toasted yum yum. and i just baked one yesterday hahaha.

btw, im looking to buy the Sunbeam Mixmaster Compact Pro mixer. Is your model that too? Is it any good?

alvina    Jul 10, 05:30 PM    #

16. Mini bundty is so cute! Yay for bananannana dances like a banana

lol at chat ninja

FFichiban    Jul 11, 10:32 AM    #

17. Nothing beats a nice banana cake.. nom nom nom!

Ladybird    Jul 11, 05:02 PM    #

18. Banana cake – great!
    Banana cake covered with condensed milk – inspired!!
    Just a thought – bananas can be frozen, then thawed to use in banana cakes!

Amanda    Jul 11, 08:18 PM    #

19. oooooh I made a ‘nana-tana’ cake on the weekend. Love all things banana in baking :)

Lisa    Jul 12, 08:16 AM    #

20. Oh man, best banana cake evah!!! Can I admit to being an old duck? My Ma gave me this EXACT recipe in the early 80’s when I first started cooking as a pre-teen. I make it at least once a f/night to put in the kiddies and hubs lunches and for friends. All the love is shared. Cheers.

— Annie    Jul 12, 04:12 PM    #

21. Nice one, this sounds so delish! You’ve reminded me I have a couple of over ripe bananas in the freezer for a cake just like this!

john@heneedsfood    Jul 12, 05:08 PM    #

22. That bundt cake shot is gorgeous!

Tina    Jul 12, 08:33 PM    #

23. That little bundt is SOOO cute! And condensed milk sounds even better than icing, yum.

shaz    Jul 12, 09:07 PM    #

24. Hmm, will be trying this out soon…. just waiting for my bananas to ripen. Hm… actually i don’t have any bananas….

Grace Lee    Jul 14, 11:54 AM    #

25. The mini bundt cake looks so pretty….I want a bundt pan now! I usually let the mixer ‘mash’ my bannanas too- one less thing to wash!

Von    Jul 14, 09:52 PM    #

26. i can actually hear you sing ‘you are my sunbeam, my only sunbeam’!! haha..

panda    Jul 14, 10:52 PM    #

27. love the sound of an easy recipe! gonna try this out! thx

Clarzzy    Jul 22, 08:56 AM    #

28. Duuuude, the words Easy and Cake in the same sentence makes me very happy. And it gives me a legitimate vehicle for my condensed milk addiction, rather than straight from the can :)

Emma @CakeMistress    Jul 23, 09:39 AM    #

29. Hi! Thanks for the recipe. I made it and it tasted delicous and the whole thing was eaten by my family in one night :)

— emma_G    Aug 1, 12:25 AM    #

Commenting is closed for this article.