Super Easy Blueberry Muffins

27 October 2010, 04:23

I ♥ blueberry muffins. But they gotta be packed full of sweet, juicy blueberries or the muffin is deemed as fail which is what I experienced last week when I went hunting for a decent blueberry muffin in the central station area. A call out to both twitter and facebook peeps wasn’t promising and so I ended up baking these babies with a bit of tweaking of Exclusively Food’s recipe. Go forth and bake my friends! Oh and if you double the recipe you might want to use a stand mixer to mix or your arms will get tired. The crazy pink background is for Pinktober- support breast cancer awareness month yo!

Ingredients:
1 carton (300g) sour cream
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp milk
55g butter, melted
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat (fan forced) oven to 170C. Mix 1 carton sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 1 tsp vanilla extract in a large bowl.

Sift 2 cups self raising flour in same bowl

Add in the 2 cups of blueberries and toss them a bit in the flour

Add the 55g melted butter, 3 Tbsp milk and stir until mixture is just combined.

Divide mixture into muffin cases. Bake for 20-25mins.

Nawww mini muffins are so cute! Yeah couldn’t resist sneaking one to eat before taking a photo haha

Here, have a gander at my muffin innards. Packed full of blueberries oh yes

I’ve always wanted a bucket of muffins.

Deeeeelicious!

1. the best we’ve ever tasted! more ….. more

— iT    Oct 27, 08:27 AM    #

2. Ohhh I am having a body shop party next week for like 20 girls and was wondering what to bake….schazam! We have a winner! Thank you so much, these look and sound delicious!! Can’t wait to try them with the sour cream in them too….not sure if I can wait for the party now though I seem to be experiencing a severe craving for blueberry muffins!!

Emily    Oct 27, 11:21 AM    #

3. Oh lordy those look so moist and delicious.

If you opened a mini-muffin cart delivering blueberry packed mini-muffin love around the city you would be RICH I tells ya!

Emily @ NeedsMoreSugar    Oct 27, 11:51 AM    #

4. LOL so much moistness lately!

mademoiselle delicieuse    Oct 27, 12:00 PM    #

5. I would’ve never thought to use sour cream dude – but those mini muffins look so shiny capt’n! Omnomnom..

Not enough moistened moisture quite frankly – is this a new food blogger meme?? :P

Margaret | fangirlish    Oct 27, 12:10 PM    #

6. Yum, they look so good Suze! A blueberry muffin with 2 pitiful blueberries is NOT right.

Zina @ tastedbytwo    Oct 27, 12:31 PM    #

7. These look delish. I love how once you’ve added the blueberries, the whole batter is purple – looks like yoghurt.

mashi    Oct 27, 12:32 PM    #

8. Omg.. they look deslish!!! and very easy recipe.

Mai    Oct 27, 12:53 PM    #

9. Mmmm mm – love the pink!

Tina@foodboozeshoes    Oct 27, 01:12 PM    #

10. Oooooh your little bucket is too cute! I love muffins, especially blueberry ones, but yeah it totally sucks when you buy one that has like 2 blueberries and is dry as a bone :( homemade is always the best!

Steph    Oct 27, 01:14 PM    #

11. oh man… this would go down well right now! they look absolutely delicious!

gastronomous_a    Oct 27, 02:21 PM    #

12. My little boy loves blueberries, I’m gonna give this a go! I wonder if I can reduce the amount of sugar though – I don’t want him to jump around on a sugar high :-)

Ms Curious @ CCM    Oct 27, 02:32 PM    #

13. Yumm they look good! I could go for one right now!

Cate    Oct 27, 04:05 PM    #

14. Did you fold baking paper to fit into the muffins tins or buy them that way? I like the cafe style look :D

Tamz    Oct 27, 04:53 PM    #

15. Wow these babies look super moist! And the recipe is so easy!

Brenda    Oct 27, 05:22 PM    #

16. mmmm blueberries! they look delish!

stephanie    Oct 27, 05:38 PM    #

17. Sometimes commercial muffins LIE by only having berries in the top :(

Fiona    Oct 27, 08:29 PM    #

18. Seriously what is a blueberry muffin without a lot of blueberries. I saw your tweets. I felt your rage over that muffin you purchased. Your recipe is simple and has tonnes of blueberries. I’ll be taking these to work to share with the girls.

Katherine    Oct 27, 08:38 PM    #

19. Hey Suze, do you always use long life milk? Have I not noticed before? Is it better than normal full cream milk/buttermilk?

#20questions ;)

Laura    Oct 27, 09:03 PM    #

20. yay for lots of blueberries in your blueberry muffins! nothing beats home-made I reckon :)

Jacq    Oct 27, 10:09 PM    #

21. I agree, mini muffins are too cute! Your innards look so crumbly and moist too!

Jen    Oct 27, 10:37 PM    #

22. ooo, sooo cute. Mini muffins, I like!

shaz    Oct 28, 01:19 AM    #

23. This look so yummy and seem pretty simple to bake…I’m going to give it a whirl on the weekend…I don’t have a cute bucket to put them in though so will have to eat them ASAP!

MelbaToast    Oct 28, 10:37 AM    #

24. I totally agree – most store bought blueberry muffins are terrible! But these look so so so good.

Gemma @ The Cheap Glut    Oct 28, 11:44 AM    #

25. awww nice!!! … those little babies look delicious!…and yes what is a blueberry muffin with out TONNES of BLUEBERRIES! ;)

Rhonda (TheDaintyBaker)    Oct 28, 02:09 PM    #

26. Love the style and the stunning background colour. So bright, so vivid. I want the muffins NOW!

Ellie (Almost Bourdain)    Oct 28, 02:56 PM    #

27. I’m quite fussy with my blueberry muffins – sometimes they can be really disappointing – these look awesome though, I can imagine they must have smelt and tasted AWESOME straight out of the oven :)

Ladybird    Oct 28, 03:18 PM    #

28. Blueberry muffins are the best!

Karen (missklicious)    Oct 28, 09:46 PM    #

29. marks to cook in her long list of recipes to make

Julie    Oct 28, 11:25 PM    #

30. these look sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. it’s most likely going to pop my cherry. this is probably going to be the FIRST thing i EVER bake from a food blog! LOL

Janice    Oct 29, 04:38 PM    #

31. Your cupcakes look divine!

Susan: My Food Obsession    Oct 29, 10:16 PM    #

32. littler things are always better. isn’t that a rule of life??

catty    Oct 30, 05:35 AM    #