Super easy peanut butter chocolate slice

20 December 2010, 01:20

All together now oooOooOooooh! A tower of layers! So I’ve been having a super crazy week in the lead up to xmas (5 days to go!) and sometimes the only thing that helps to de-stress is whipping up something deliciously rich but with minimal amount of effort. Enter this super easy recipe which is a dark chocolate brownie base, a middle of smooth, creamy peanut butter and topped with sweet milk chocolate.

I had to make a brownie for a friend’s b’day and (as with all things baked) you should always double the recipe so that you can have your cake and eat it too! I used David Lebovitz’s brownie recipe minus the dulce de leche found here but feel free to use your fav brownie recipe or hey maybe try blitzing some biscuits and adding melted butter for an easy no bake recipe! You only need about 1/3 of the brownie mixture in the tray as you’ll be adding the peanut butter and chocolate layers.

So awesome I love a recipe with minimal amount of ingredients! You will need: 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, 2 cups peanut butter (I prefer smooth in this recipe, but I am totes a crunchy pb on toast kinda girl), 200g chocolate (either milk or dark)

Nuke your 2 cups peanut butter with the 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar until the mixture is melty and sugar has dissolved. The first time I made this I used 2 cups of icing sugar but found it was too sweet especially with milk chocolate as the top layer however if you’re using dark chocolate (or have a super sweet tooth) feel free to up the sugar to pb ratio.

Pour onto brownie and stick in the fridge for approx 15mins until set.

Melt the 200g chocolate. The safe way is to nuke it. I vote going the safe way next time as I managed to kill my chocolate when melting in a pot.

Leave the melted chocolate to cool for a bit before pouring onto the (set) peanut butter layer. If the chocolate is too hot it will melt a hole in your peanut butter layer. Leave to set in fridge for approx 1hour if you can wait that long!

Slice em up and check out the layers mmm layers

Deliciousness is a tower of stacked treats! Store in the fridge, if you are packing in a box make sure to put baking paper between slices or they’ll stick together.

1. Super easy and super pleasing I say! These look amazing. I want!

Helen (grabyourfork)    Dec 20, 01:48 AM    #

2. I love the first shot. It says it all: simPle but super delicious. I can’t wait for more or your super easy recipes!

Trissa    Dec 20, 03:03 AM    #

3. I can’t actually eat anything – SCREW YOU TONSILS. Can you blend this up with some ice for me please?

Oh god it looks good.

sob

Emily @ NeedsMoreSugar    Dec 20, 07:49 AM    #

4. sounds like a good and easy treat for xmas! :)

Melissa    Dec 20, 08:47 AM    #

5. oh my – I am in PB / choc love!!

Lisa    Dec 20, 10:11 AM    #

6. Yum!! This looks delicious, I might wait until after Christmas to give this a go now but it has most definately been book marked

GourmetGetaways    Dec 20, 11:04 AM    #

7. that looks incredibly easy! will try that for xmas lunch! thanks!

sporbo    Dec 20, 11:05 AM    #

8. Drool – I want one for brekky – is that bad…?

Tina@foodboozeshoes    Dec 20, 11:12 AM    #

9. love how all your recipes are “super easy” lol.. right up my alley. LOVEEEE peanut butter even more so this is perfect :)

catty    Dec 20, 11:40 AM    #

10. I am a HUGE chocolate peanut butter fan. I was so sad when they stopped making peanut butter kit kats. This looks aweseom, I think I’ll give it a go…

Lau @ Corridor Kitchen    Dec 20, 12:11 PM    #

11. gasp, oh my god, just lost it… must have these in my life

justcooknyc    Dec 20, 02:29 PM    #

12. Oh, so much swoonerage! Chocolate and peanut butter is pretty much the best thing in the world (says the girl who, no joke, just ate seven mini reese’s…) I might just have to delay my peanut butter version of choc caramel slice to make this first!

Hannah    Dec 20, 02:47 PM    #

13. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Monica    Dec 20, 04:12 PM    #

14. Looks awesome, Suze! Love the first shot :)

Ladybird    Dec 20, 04:12 PM    #

15. Delicious Suze and I love the styling and pic!

Peter G @ Souvlaki For The Soul    Dec 20, 08:25 PM    #

16. that is super easy and yummy!

++MIRA++    Dec 21, 05:16 PM    #

17. Brownies, peanut butter and chocolate..I will definitely give this recipe a try.

PS This is my first time on your site. Your lollipop wedding is the cutest idea I have ever seen! Why mess with flowers..the lollipops look so much better!

Lisa@ButteryBooks    Dec 24, 02:06 PM    #

18. OOOOoooOooO. Will try this out for New Years Tropical party although not quite tropical but it has nuts. Isn’t a NUT tropical? Cos Coconut is tropical??

Grace Lee    Dec 27, 12:53 PM    #

19. Wow those look amazing! I am definitely going to try making these one day!

Susan    Jan 10, 12:12 PM    #

20. OH, how I love this combo of flavors. Bookmarked!

Mary xx

Mary @ Delightful Bitefuls    Mar 10, 03:24 AM    #

21. This looks soooo yummy. If your concerned about burning your chocolate, I have to say the best thing my boyfriend ever bought me was a double boiler pan. It’s amazing for melting chocolate!!

— Alison Larsen    Mar 10, 10:42 AM    #

22. I’ve never seen icing sugar. Is that the same thing as powdered sugar?

— Lisa Boatman    Dec 14, 03:44 AM    #

23. Help! I attempted this but the peanut butter & icing sugar became a thick paste when melted. Any idea how much of each I should use in grams or ounces.

— n. graham    Dec 31, 10:46 PM    #

24. i am making them now, love how simple ur receipes are. good job.

— shelley    May 22, 02:16 PM    #

25. Well it certainly didn’t look like the photo & took a while to disolve the icing sugar so i melted some butter & added it…despite this it tasted fantastic & i’ll try again!

— bertyboo    Jul 31, 10:36 AM    #

26. I made these last night for family and work friends – absolutely amazing!! So easy and well appreciated, thanks!

— shona    Apr 20, 04:40 AM    #