Beschico, Epping

14 May 2012, 02:13

YARMMM. How was your weekend everyone? Hope you all treated your mums to an awesome Mother’s Day yesterday! So anyways my Fridays lately have been about hitting the one and only Arisun for some fried chicken and beer and well, there may have been Soju involved last Friday which made for the memory of eating said chicken a lil hazy. So the next day I was googling for fried chicken in the area and stumbled upon a mention of Beschico (41 Beecroft Rd, Epping) and managed to convince the boy that fried chicken was a requirement for marital happiness.

Luckily he agreed to the fried chicken and with Epping being pretty close to our hood we rocked up to the restaurant and while slightly unnerved that the place was completely empty, we settled into our booth and were presented with a bowl of popcorn. That’s right, POPCORN. Haha we were totally expecting banchan! I LOVE popcorn you guys! Max beer ($7) for Noods and Orion beer ($5.50) for me. Yes I totally picked Orion beer because as soon as I saw the name I was all like ‘The Galaxy is on Orion’s belt!” /nerd

IT’S CHICKEN TIME!!! I am a diehard fried chicken fan but Noods wanted something with sauce so we went with the combo special of Spicy Half Chicken and Chico Hot Half Chicken ($33).

CAUGHT YOU NOODS!!!

The fried chicken is incredible, seriously out of this world spectacular! Not at all oily, the nubbly pieces just begging to be ripped into, no forks and knives here folks it’s all finger licking good :P A side dish of lemony mustard is all the sauce I need when I’ve hit the wall and take alternating bites of the pickled cubes of radish and washing it all down with beer.

The sticky sauce on the Spicy Chicken is surprisingly not very spicy for this chili failure blawger and I managed to power through a couple of pieces that Noods so kindly offered. It is lipschmacking delicious but the original fried chicken has the keys to my heart.

Beschico’s website is nonexistant and I know absolutely no Korean so I couldn’t read the signs but from what I can gather they’re open at 11.30am every day till late and takeaway is pretty popular with the after work crowd. Ignore the weird RSL feel of the front of the room and the mishmash of Asian lacquered furniture at the back and grab a booth along the far wall. Chicken gets the thumbs up here with about 90% of the menu dedicated to the bird. If anyone knows any more places with fried chicken in the west hit me up in the comments! P.s yes I’ve been to Eastwood Hotel but I haz mad issues with ginseng.

Beschico on Urbanspoon

1. Bwahaha at Noods’ guilty face and ooh hello fried chicken and beer! ps. no more soju for more you. lol

Helen (grabyourfork)    May 14, 02:40 AM    #

2. I didn’t find the fried chicken that amazing despite wanting to, but it may have been due to taking it home instead of having it fresh in the eatery. Will try again another time!

joey@FoodiePop    May 14, 07:50 AM    #

3. That really does look like good crispy fried chicken. Is it better than KFC?

Tina @ bitemeshowme    May 14, 08:19 AM    #

4. that looks sooo good! i’ve walked past there heaps of times cos its so close to work. dying to try now!

Christine    May 14, 08:35 AM    #

5. Hahahah Love this place! I love Korean Spicy Fried chicken :) I use to have it a lot more at Uni cuz lol there was a great Korean restaurant but now that i’m working in the City sigh i miss that place!

Daisy@Nevertoosweet    May 14, 09:07 AM    #

6. I always have room for a piece of deep fried chicken goodness!

Food is our religion    May 14, 09:19 AM    #

7. I don’t know about the west but we went to have korean fried chicken in strathfield. check out the strathfield tennis centre, random korean cafe in the centre. their chicken is SOOoo Goood!

— Audz    May 14, 09:54 AM    #

8. Haha moar fried chicken! I’ve heard good things about this place so will have to check it out next time I’m in the hood!

Jacq    May 14, 10:00 AM    #

9. Yay for popcorn and fried chicken!!! This place is right around the corner from me, we get takeaway pretty often. It’s very dangerous having fried chicken so close to home.

Steph    May 14, 10:04 AM    #

10. lol Noods caught red-handed!

Mmmmmmm chicken!

Phuoc'n Delicious    May 14, 10:05 AM    #

11. Hey Tina, yes it’s definately better than KFC but I think Suze is right when she said it’s not very spicy :P

Andy    May 14, 10:12 AM    #

12. OMG that chicken looks fantastic – the fried and the saucy one! Making my mouth water this early Monday morning… mmmm!

suz @thesuzchef    May 14, 10:14 AM    #

13. Fried chicken, beer AND popcorn? Are you trying to seduce me?!?!?

Tina@foodboozeshoes    May 14, 10:43 AM    #

14. Woohoo I love this place! I used to stop by during the uni days to get lunch or dinner yum!

Julie    May 14, 11:17 AM    #

15. Oh this looks like it might be yummier than KFC! :)

tastyfoodsnaps    May 14, 11:25 AM    #

16. Marriage is compromiing on chicken ;)

Nic@diningwithastud    May 14, 01:39 PM    #

17. Ooo my family lives nearby in Beecroft, I will have to drag them here next time I’m in the burbs :) Love fried chicken!!

Swah    May 14, 04:26 PM    #

18. pls tell me youve been to stra pocha in strathfield for their fried chicken ( and fire chicken if youre game geddit?) oh and their egg soup is to die for.

milkteaxx    May 14, 07:47 PM    #

19. ^ yeah! stra pocha has some pretty awesome cheesy fried chicken/fire chicken.

— Belle    May 14, 07:52 PM    #

20. Damn that chicken looks GOOD!

YaYa    May 14, 08:51 PM    #

21. mmmm chicken!

muppy    May 14, 09:13 PM    #

22. Oh, awesome. When we were in Korea a few years ago we ended up in a tiny local joint and ate huge plates full of chicken that looks VERY much like yours there. What a brilliant night!

SarahKate (Mi Casa-Su Casa)    May 15, 01:14 PM    #

23. omg! the chicken looks so crispy and delicious! salivating..

Melissa    May 15, 09:21 PM    #

24. That chicken looks pretty awesome! I love crispy chicken. I do a mean Panko crumb chicken with a spicy sweet and sour sauce (3 kinds of vinegar, 3 kinds of of chili sauce, Capsicum chutney)

— Matt    May 17, 11:40 PM    #

25. FRIED CHICKEN!!! makes me weak in the knees!!

mary @ ohmykitchenaid    May 18, 10:39 AM    #

26. hehe fried chicken close to home :) i think most korean places give out popcorn these days esp if you order beer!

Vivian - vxdollface    May 19, 04:08 PM    #

27. can’t ever say no to perfect fried chicken like that! who would’ve thought you’d find it in beecroft…good find :D

excusemewaiter    May 27, 02:28 PM    #