Super Easy Cheese & Cayenne Pepper Biscuits

14 October 2012, 22:43

Woah guys it’s been way too long since my last super easy recipe! Are we ready? So like, I absolutely LOVE Crooked Creek’s cheese biscuits, they’re bite sized, crumbly, a tiny bit of bite from the cayenne pepper and most importantly, super cheesy. So when I spotted a parmesan and rosemary biscuit recipe over on Ooh, Look I knew i had to give em a go. I increased the amount of cheese and substituted the rosemary with cayenne pepper and let me tell you, you just won’t be able to stop at 1 biscuit!

Well hello sexy. It is ridiculous how simple this recipe is. And how freaking easy it is to eat them all in one sitting!

Ingredients:
100g unsalted butter, chopped and at room temperature
120g grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup plain flour
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 180C. Chuck everything into your food processor! If you have a normal sized food processor I would recommend you double the recipe! Hit the blend button and mix away until the dough comes together in a ball.

Turn the dough out onto a piece of cling wrap and press into a disc. Wrap and shove into the freezer while you clean up. Your dough only needs to cool down enough for you to be able to cut your biscuits and pick up without sticking everywhere.

Roll the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper to a ½ cm thickness. If the dough is too thin your biscuits will end up as crisps. Which isn’t a bad thing but well, biscuits are way better.

Grab your fav cookie cutter and cut out away and place on a baking paper lined tray.

Bake for 6-8 mins or until golden brown.

Cool on wire racks and resist from testing until the biscuits firm up. Aaaaaand done! You have yourselves some freaking awesome cheese biscuits! Have a tops week guys!

1. These should be renamed crack biscuits. So cheesily addictive, plus you get that cayenne pepper rush at the end too. lol.

Helen (grabyourfork)    Oct 14, 10:45 PM    #

2. this is amazing! never thought to incorporate cheese into biscuits!

milkteaxx    Oct 14, 11:15 PM    #

3. ooh yay! i just bought a food processor and i’ve never made savoury biscuits before.. woohoo!

Christine @ Cooking Crusade    Oct 14, 11:21 PM    #

4. Ever turned the processor on without the lid? Yep, been there done that. Damn old school equipment with no safety latch. IN other news, the biscuits look so nommy!!

eesh    Oct 14, 11:40 PM    #

5. LOL! Woman!! This is basically melted butter and cheese…. as much as I dislike cheese, I like the sound of it hehehe

Food is our religion    Oct 15, 06:19 AM    #

6. super easy is what it is! and I am not suprised you’ve shared a cheese bisuit receipe. I’m suprised it hasn’t come sooner :P

Tina @ bitemeshowme    Oct 15, 09:29 AM    #

7. perfect with a glass of wine :)

Vivian - vxdollface    Oct 15, 09:59 AM    #

8. Wine, cheese bikkies and some tapenade. NOM!

Nic@diningwithastud    Oct 15, 11:14 AM    #

9. yay for the return of the super easy recipes!

Jacq    Oct 15, 12:31 PM    #

10. I didn’t think it was going to be that easy! These look incredibly mourish. Great flavours for a biscuit :)

Cass @foodmyfriend    Oct 15, 01:14 PM    #

11. Yum!!! I love food processor biscuits, so quick and easy. I can’t wait to give them a go. Oh, I nearly forgot to mention… you have a blogging award on my site xx

Gourmet Getaways    Oct 15, 01:35 PM    #

12. I thought my bikkies were cheesey, but you’ve really upped the ante! You are the biscuit queen =)

OohLookBel    Oct 15, 03:11 PM    #

13. ooo that looks super easy! will definitely try the recipe!

gastronomous anonymous    Oct 15, 03:41 PM    #

14. you got me craving savoury cookies now! YUM. looooove cheese cookies!

catty    Oct 15, 06:35 PM    #

15. Love how orange they turn out post-baking :) Cheesy goodness!!

Cath @ ConfessionsofaGlutton    Oct 16, 11:59 AM    #

16. there’s just something really nice about savoury biscuits….must try these soon.

ellen    Oct 16, 05:03 PM    #

17. You’re right, that DOES sound super easy! I’ve never made savoury bickies so I’ll be giving them a go

vegeTARAian    Oct 16, 06:43 PM    #

18. YUM!!! They look ridiculously easy and turned out brilliantly. You are the queen of the quick and tasty cook. Hats off.

Amanda@ChewTown    Oct 16, 09:51 PM    #

19. Heck, yeah. Those look great! They’re similar to spicy cheese sticks that we make in the South.

SarahKate (Mi Casa-Su Casa)    Oct 17, 11:41 AM    #

20. The kids will sure gonna love this for sure. Will try this one out.

Ryan Wilson    Oct 18, 07:58 PM    #

21. amazing recipe and great blog. glad i stopped by x

scrambled megs    Oct 19, 03:19 PM    #

22. I rarely have savoury cookies.. but cheesy ones do sound good!

tastyfoodsnaps    Oct 20, 10:29 AM    #

23. I LOVE these biscuits, my grandma used to make them…
    I followed the recipe and mine went flat. Any tips? I cut them thick with a heart-shaped cutter and they didn’t keep their shape.

— Nicky    Dec 18, 08:29 AM    #