Chocolate Cake Box

5 May 2013, 22:19

Mmm candy… I’ve been wanting to make this for ages! How can you not look at this epic sugar bomb and not chortle with glee? I totally made this for a grown up too because hey everyone loves candy :P

A wall of Kit Kats, about a kilo of chocolate bars and candy.. And there is a cake under all that candy I promise!

So we start off with a cake. I used this recipe for a vanilla pound cake and swirled in about half a container of Nutella.

Whip up some chocolate buttercream and slather it on all sides of your cake.

And then the fun part! Candy time!

Start with the Kit Kat borders. Rage as you realise you’re one short a Kit Kat and have to run out and buy some more.

Chop up some candy bars. One for you, one for me.

Aaaand fill your box up and tadah! Happiness in a box!

1. I’m getting a sugar hit just looking at this post! lol Nice one!

Ramen Raff    May 5, 11:08 PM    #

2. I would rage so much if that missing KitKat happened to me!! Awesome chocolate candy cake box though :D

Sherrie @ Crystal Noir    May 5, 11:33 PM    #

3. i have been waiting so long for this post! omgsh blood glucose gone up just reading it! awesomeness!

milkteaxx    May 5, 11:47 PM    #

4. lol i can just image the ruh-roh moment when you realised you were short one kit-kat! Nooooooo…….

Helen (grabyourfork)    May 6, 01:22 AM    #

5. WOAH! Just love your creativity towards baking! :D

Ness    May 6, 01:37 AM    #

6. whoah chocolate and sugar overload! I would fill mine ALL up with red snakes hehehe

Food is our religion    May 6, 08:49 AM    #

7. EPIC! Love the kit kat walls and mountains of candy in the middle. If we get hyper from that, I wonder how kids would be… lol

Tina @ bitemeshowme    May 6, 10:20 AM    #

8. mmm walls of kitkat…

Jacq    May 6, 11:20 AM    #

9. I’ve always wanted to make one of these cakes!! But ughhhhh that would have been so frustrating being short one kit kat. This is why I always buy wayyy to much of every ingredient.

Steph    May 6, 11:48 AM    #

10. I think the reason I keep coming back to this amazing blog is the sheer fact that you do crazy, excessive things with food I could never have the guts to ever try. Thankyou for your bravery Suze!

Eva @ thehungryplum    May 6, 08:24 PM    #

11. The cake itself on its own sounds delicious & then you take it to a whole new level with the kit kat fence… And then totally out of this world with the candy on top! How did you eat it?

thesuzchef    May 6, 08:43 PM    #

12. candy oh sweet candy :D what dreams are made of mmmhhmm

Vivian - vxdollface    May 6, 11:41 PM    #

13. hahahaha, Kit Kat rage :D Is that cos you ate one…?

Tina@foodboozeshoes    May 7, 09:15 AM    #

14. That is seriously crazy… but I love it. Might emulate it on the weekend for the kidlets’ joint birthday party at Luna Park.

DeepKickGirl    May 7, 12:43 PM    #

15. Do you build houses? I’m thinking about knocking down my old one. Wouldn’t mine a chocolate house. mmm.

Denny@feedmycamera    May 7, 12:48 PM    #

16. OMG MOST EPIIICCCCCCC CAKE EVER!!
    Having you as a friend, baking my birthday cakes … I will have full confidence!! always! HAHAHA! ^^

Cassie @ Next Stop: Food    May 7, 04:34 PM    #

17. That is beyond cool. Definitely enough sugar in that alone to keep you going on for the rest of the month.

mr.C    May 9, 04:11 PM    #

18. The entire time reading this post I had an evil ‘MWWAHAHAHAHA’ laugh in my head. This looks deliciously EVIL! I just want to bury my face in it.

Kimberley    May 9, 04:36 PM    #

19. stares with jaw-dropped

You know, if you put a calorie counter to this it’s getting close to being featured on EMT :D

Michael Shen    May 11, 09:56 AM    #

20. yuuuuum! best cake ever!

The Blonde Tourist    May 11, 04:00 PM    #

21. Very cool. Awesome for a kid’s birthday party cake.

Sara @ Bellly Rumbles    May 17, 09:42 PM    #

22. Your epic candy creations always make me smile!

Amanda@ChewTown    May 23, 09:22 AM    #