Bread time

19 May 2013, 20:47

I heart bread. Soft pillowy innards and crusty golden edges? How can you not love bread? With butter of course :P

And the best thing about bread? The smell as it bakes and fills the whole house. Zomg best!

The awesome peeps from Kitchenware Direct sent me a Sunbeam Smartbake Breadmaker and it’s been a pretty delicious time in the chocolatesuze household. You know how people say they only use a breadmaker once before it hides in the back of a cupboard? I’ve managed to go through a 10 kilo bag of flour baking loaves of bread! I guess the purists out there like to do the whole kneading of dough thing buuuut I’m hell lazy and have only baked bread once from scratch before giving up. So this baby? Already worth it’s space on my crowded counter.

Basic ingredients needed for plain bread: Bakers flour, salt, sugar, dry yeast, milk powder, warm water, butter.

The Sunbeam Smartbake Breadmaker comes with a booklet of recipes with straight forward instructions, the main thing is to remember to lift out the pan before adding your ingredients into it.

It bothered me a bit that the lid of the breadmaker is able to be raised while the dough is mixing, it doesn’t seem safe? But anywhos I freaking love the time delay function so I could set the bread maker to start mixing and finish baking at a designated time.

Waking up to freshly baked bread = awesome.

My pretties all in a row! There’s different functions which is tops, loaves can be baked in weights of 750g, 1kg & 1.25kg and 3 crust settings. They do get a tad burnt on the bottom if you leave them sitting in the machine too long, the bread maker has a keep warm function so the crust doesn’t get soggy but it also means the heat stays on the bottom longer if you don’t take out the pan when it’s done.

Aaaaand you can also set to a pizza dough function!

The recipes makes enough dough for 2 pizzas so hello Margarita time!

Side note, don’t put basil onto pizza except for presentation or they’ll shrivel and look like burning :P

We were a little low on supplies so Noods created… a ham and pineapple pizza…

And attempted to make it classy with rocket hehe

1. OMG! I want this machine!! I have always wanted to make bread but it seems like so much effort. Can’t believe you went through 10 kgs.. now you can open your own bakery. hehehe

Food is our religion    May 19, 09:53 PM    #

2. The bread machine I use to have was fun to use. Love the smell of freshly baking bread :)

Simon @ the heart of food    May 20, 12:53 AM    #

3. Rocket makes everything classy. lol.

Helen (grabyourfork)    May 20, 01:10 AM    #

4. I want a bread machine for pure convenience but Shaun always looks insulted whenever I bring it up…

Karen | Citrus and Candy    May 20, 02:09 AM    #

5. The pizzas look amazing!!

Chris    May 20, 09:44 AM    #

6. That’s a lot of bread! But give me bread any day and I’ll find myself eating it with nearly anything! Love gadgets that makes things a little easier for us.. and the timing function sounds pretty nifty.

Tina @ bitemeshowme    May 20, 10:06 AM    #

7. ive recently jumped onto the bread making bandwagon and kneading gets so messy (and tiring!) would love one of these so i dont have to clean up afterwards!very pretty loaves you got there and yes with butter!

milkteaxx    May 20, 12:17 PM    #

8. oooh nice work on the pizzas! haha i’ve made that mistake with chucking on the basil pre-oven baking lol

Vivian - vxdollface    May 20, 12:41 PM    #

9. woah… 10 kg of flour!!!! good work on the pizza, looks fantastic! think i may have to get a bread maker… there’s no good bread in HK :(

gastronomous anonymous    May 20, 01:49 PM    #

10. The good old classic ham and pineapple. Yum!

Vanny Tang @ Nessy Eater    May 20, 04:31 PM    #

11. Sadly my bread maker died a while ago and I’ve had to rely on my hands, which is a lot more time consuming but there is definitely something to be said for the satisfaction of kneading your own bread.

Paula    May 20, 10:54 PM    #

12. Just wondering if you have tried any sour dough versions?

Eat,drink+beKerry    May 20, 10:59 PM    #

13. Ooh I like the pizza dough making function! Love a good margarita pizza!

Jacq    May 21, 03:22 PM    #

14. Haha, love the pizzas. My kitchen top is so crowded though, I’d never have space for this… Poor stand cake mixer even has to sit in a cupboard

Tina@foodboozeshoes    May 21, 03:24 PM    #

15. Love bread. First thing I look forward to at the diner. Lol at making it classy! Nice.

Mr.C    May 21, 09:11 PM    #

16. LOL rocket = oh so classy :P I won’t lie, I kinda like the occasional H&P pizza myself.. reminds me of the pizza singles from the school canteen!

The Blonde Tourist    May 21, 09:44 PM    #

17. Yes to bread! Even bigger yes to pizza! They look awesome :D

Sherrie @ Crystal Noir    May 21, 09:46 PM    #

18. I never realised making bread could be so easy not to mention fun and even though I know its not so good for me I just cannot resist a fresh baked white loaf with proper butter.

Patrick    May 26, 01:50 PM    #